Monday, March 1, 2010

Disc Golf, Happy 30 to Heidi, and a little bubble trouble



Another Monday, another weekend wrap-up...

Friday night we enjoyed a delicious fish fry at Mark's parents house. Since they are Catholic, and don't eat meat on Fridays, we headed down to Clanton to enjoy a little Crappie and a lot of french fries. It was delicious, and we came home very full and very sleepy.

On Saturday, Mark and I took Wyatt to the local disc golf course. If you are wondering what disc golf is, think a combination of Frisbee and golf. Wyatt loved running around in the sunshine and chasing the Frisbee

Saturday evening the grandparents babysat and Mark and I headed to our friend Heidi's 30th Birthday party. It was nice to have an adult night out with some of our closest friends- Happy Birthday Heidi! I hope you enjoy your special day :)

On Sunday, we went to church and then headed back to Clanton to pick up our child. We tried to put him down for a nap, but 30 minutes later, he had thrown every toy out of his crib and was yelling "get out mommy! get out pleeeease!" So... no nap for him and no down time for me.

I decided to rectify the situation by taking him out in the backyard. I was very sleepy, and thought if I could just rest my eyes in the sunshine while he ran around in our backyard, it would be the perfect solution to my R&R dilemma. Five minutes into our "rest" time I heard Wyatt come up to me repeating the word 'bubble' over and over again. I open my eyes to find him with two open containers of bubbles that he had dumped all over him, along with the contents of Sadie's water bowl. He then thought it would be a fantastic idea to join Sadie as she rolled around on the grass.

So I had a soaking wet little boy and a soaking wet dog- both covered from head to toe in dead grass. So much for my relaxing afternoon!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Hey Rachel- I was going through and reading friend's blogs, and through Amanda's I found yours...I was in Kappa with you at AU (lived with Erin Mathews on the hall), and just had to tell you that your little boy is precious!

Also, its a really, super small world- Heidi's husband Chad is one of my fiance's oldest friends and he will be in our wedding in June. I saw those pics and was like "Whoa!" :)

-Natalie