We are now brushing his teeth together twice a day- at first he will open his mouth and let me massage his pearly whites, but he knows when I am finished he gets to "brush" them himself- like a big boy.
Every night after dinner we have a bath and we rub his special lotion on (for his eczema) then we pj him up and he runs to the kitchen yelling "milk! milk!" We usually will sit together and he sips his sippy cup of warm milk and I rock him and read him a book. Then he knows it's time to brush his teeth- and he gets so excited. He will literally jump off my lap and run into the bathroom screaming "stool! stool!" He loves to get his stool out of the linen closet all by himself, and climb up on it to brush his teeth.
At this point, I kiss him goodnight and Mark takes him outside to see the moon. Every single night, Mark and Wyatt go outside so that Wyatt can say 'night night' to the moon. He literally will not lay down until he sees that moon with his daddy (this is an issue when Mark travels- apparently it's not as cool to see the moon with mommy :)
Mark or I will lay him down and turn on his music. He will usually just lay there and say 'night night' while we cover him up. For the most part, we don't hear a peep out of him for 12 hours. I am loving my sleep these days, and I love our evenings with our little guy. It feels like such a treat to come home from work and to spend time with my sweet little man!
2 comments:
So sweet! I love it! :)
That is SO ironic. We have to go see the moon every night also. We have the exact same bed time routine and Hudson keeps us in line with it. The only difference is that he will no longer allow mommy to help him brush. He is Mr Independent I can brush my teeth myself these days. Last night when I laid him down I forgot the prayer so as I was walking out he starts screaming "pway Mommy! pway!!" Ha! Smart boys.
Post a Comment