Tuesday, January 26, 2010

So Glad He's Home

My favorite part of birthday parties- CAKE!



The Birthday Girl- Miss Peyton

Playdate with Mr. Will


Wyatt and I were more than estatic to see Mark walk through the door on Friday afternoon. I had taken the afternoon off in order to straighten up the house a little bit (I mean c'mon, I had to atleast make it look like there was some semblance of order in his absence) and to cook a nice meal for my husband (Insert Wife-of-the-year award here)

I think I wowed him with my apple-bourbon pork tenderloin (thanks Hormel :), garlic mashed potatoes and oven roasted asparagus (a Rachel original, and Mark's favorite).


After a sweet family dinner and an evening to catch up- I was exhausted. Last week drained the heck out of me and we all went to bed early.


On Saturday, Will came over and played. We had a great time, although we are still working on sharing our toys :).


On Saturday afternoon, we went to a birthday party and Sunday was church and a fun girls get-together where I learned how to applique shirts for Wyatt! I am so excited and have already ordered several appliques and am on the hunt for those Garanimal t-shirts that are oh so hard to find. I am feeling a little Martha Stewartesque all of a sudden. Although after trying to thread a needle for the umpteenth time, I will probably be sending some shirts to Clanton where my MIL and her sewing machine reside.

This week has been CRAZY to say the least- thank God my husband is back because I am having to be up at 4:30 every morning and work extremely late. We have a huge event this week that I am working on, and it is taking up most of my time...I am also hosting Bible Study this week (YAY!) and taking dinner to a friend who just had a baby (double YAY!) and leading a fundraising committee at church -where did all that time go that I thought I would have at the beginning of the year? Who knows- what I do know is I am doing what I love. Raising money for sick children, growing in my faith, deepening my friendships, serving the Lord and mothering an 18-month old (who had his first time out this week due to an uncontrollable urge to scream, kick and thrash all at the same time- triple YAY!)


Enjoy the pictures from our weekend reunited with Daddy-O :)

No comments: