Thursday, January 21, 2010

Survival Mode

One....More...Day. I keep repeating this in my head, over and over and over. I have actually been telling myself this since Monday, hoping it would make this week seem a little less long.

It hasn't helped. Mark left Sunday for his annual 'Shot Show' in Vegas. Imagine a whole lot of testosterone and a whole lot of guns -multiply that by the tenth power. Exactly. No where I would want to be.

I wish I could say that Wyatt and I sailed through this week. That I cooked amazingly healthy and tasty meals, that my child never ran out of clean clothes and that the word 'stressed' never entered my vocabulary. But- this would simply not be true.

In actuality, we split a can of Beefaroni for dinner- more than once. My kitchen resembles Nagasaki during the post-atomic bomb era, and if it hadn't been for my wonderfully thoughtful MIL, Wyatt's outfit would have come out of the hamper this morning (luckily, when picking up my child yesterday, Liz offered to wash his clothes for me- bless her!)

I forgot to close the garage door, set the alarm and make the coffee the night before- as these are typically deemed 'daddy duties'. Sadie is lucky she got fed, and I have been late to work every day.

The icing on the cake came last night in the form of a dying battery in the smoke detector. Picture me at 2 a.m. on a 12-foot ladder receiving instructions from my husband 2,000 miles away on how to disengage the stupid thing.

I am hanging on by a thread, folks. And tomorrow couldn't come soon enough.

3 comments:

Fainfamilyupdates said...

you'll make it! and next time (if there is a next time) will be easier : )

doesn't it always seem like that stuff happens when they are gone? Last year our furnace went out when lee was gone...fun, fun!

This Texas Momma said...

Oh my! You have had quite a week! Well, congratulations lady, you made it. I did get a chuckle out of the smoke detector story...I would probably do something more Phobe-like (you know, that one Friends episode?) and beat it with my shoe. Once again, I'm glad you made it!

Kathy said...

Friday is today! You made it!!!