Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Saving Money

This month we have had some additional expenses come up, and with the beach trip looming ahead, I am on a mission to save money wherever possible.

Mark and I had completely forgotten that May is the dreaded car tag registration month (I know, I know... we should have been saving for this all along) so with another $200 going out, It was a good thing I picked up an extra week of call this month. Plus, our natural gas bill was outrageous with the cold weather we had in March...so needless to say, our groceries are being cut down to the bare minimum. We are eating deer meat and fish every night this month in order to avoid having to buy meat, I have bundled our cable/internet/phone service and signed up for budget billing with the power company in order to try and save some money on utilities.

Thank goodness my mom is taking me shopping for Mother's Day! My wardrobe is so sad this Spring... there is just not much that fits the same anymore, even though I am pretty close to the same weight as I was pre-baby... there just isn't anything left over to buy new clothes these days, so I am really looking forward to Saturday!

Also, I am SUPER thrilled that we are getting a Publix in Calera. They started construction last week, so I am reading up on all those coupon matching blogs and learning how I can take advantage of the B1G1 and become a member of Club Pub. Happy Tuesday Everyone!

3 comments:

LB said...

and you should be excited about Publix:) It is the place to shop, you know;).

What beach are ya'll going to? I am sure you are looking forward to that. I am already trying to figure out how I can get back to the beach after this past weekend. I think I want to live there:)

Trista Brom said...

Good for you on trying to save money! We are always trying to find ways to save as well. We should all share tips! I've watched the Debt Diet on Oprah before. One thing a group of friends did was swap or borrow clothes to change up their wardrobe and save money. I thought it was a great idea! Every little bit counts nowdays.

Trista Brom said...

You may want to check www.centsibleshopper.com/. The lady that keeps this blog goes to church w/ a friend of mine. She puts a lot of tips on there for shopping with coupons and the Publix BOGO offers. She also gives easy recipes from time to time.