Last night, Wyatt actually let me rock him. It has been months since he has slowed down long enough to let me cuddle with him, but I guess he was so worn out that he didn't try to wiggle out of my arms. As he laid his head on my heart and looked up at me with those big brown eyes, I began to think about how much my life has changed since last Mother's Day. I was expecting then.. but really, I had no idea what to expect. I certainly had no idea how much my life was going to change. It is dramatic- but oh my goodness, what a journey. I get choked up just thinking about the love that I have for my child... I used to pray that I would have a girl one day, mostly because I grew up in a house full of boys, and I wanted so badly a girl to dress up, and one day to share a facial or a pedicure with. Now, I cannot imagine my life without my little man in it. The bond that we share as mother and son is indescribable. He is my heartbeat, and I would do anything and everything to protect him. Last night, as we rocked, I prayed that God would bless him with a love for the Lord, a love for others and the character and integrity to stand against the evils of this world. I prayed for the wisdom and the courage to teach and train him. I prayed the Lord would lay out his plan for his life, and mold him into the man that he is called to be.
I thank God for this little miracle- I know beyond all shadows of any doubt that he is special, and that God has his hand on his life. I pray that the Lord would use him to further His kingdom and bless little Wyatt, because he has been such a blessing to me.
All my buddies!
No comments:
Post a Comment