Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Organizing

Apparently, this week is all about life on the homefront, and my attempt to balance motherhood, new home ownership and the family finances with a full time job. In two weeks, I will have five days off before our long weekend at the beach (it just so happens that the Grandparents are traveling cross-country the very same week that Wyatt's daycare is closed) so, I am using the time I will have at home to make my home a bit more functional- and get some good play time in with my sweet son!

Here is a very boring list of what I am planning to accomplish: (I know you don't care, but I have to have this to refer back to, as I hate having paper littering my house)

  • Hallway Closet: Organize gifts bags, wrapping paper and tissue so it is not falling on our heads every time we reach for the vacuum cleaner. Need Rubbermaid Container.
  • Pantry- Pack up 4 ounce bottles and level 1-3 nipples, get rid of the 1,791 coozies. (C'mon Mark... do we REALLY need another coozie for you to remember that last turkey/deer/squirrel hunt??) Reorganize Wyatt's snacks and sippy cups
  • Wyatt's Room- Store all clothes that don't fit that are still lingering in drawers and closet. If I come across one more 3-month onesie, I am going to scream. Need a bookshelf/storage space for toys and more rubbermaid containers for clothes. Also, search for pack n play- I know it is in that house somewhere, and we really need it for the beach. Also, need to return Ava's jumper and Moms On Call Book. (Lori, I am SO sorry we still have that!!)
  • Master Closet- I don't even know where to begin. I have already cleaned it out once this year, and it still makes me stressed every time I walk into it. Yikes.

We will see how much I get done! I will be back with before and after photos :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How in the world did you get so much time off? I need to organize SO DESPERATELY!