Mom... I know it's your day and all... but enough with the kisses, already- I am trying to play!





What a difference a year makes!
This was me on Mother's Day last year:

And this year:
What a wonderful weekend. I was thrilled that my Mom and Dad came in town and that I was able to celebrate my first Mother's Day with my Mom, as well as my Dad's birthday on Saturday. Mark and my Dad kept Wyatt on Saturday, and my Mom and I went and got pedicures and went shopping. We had a great time, and I was super excited to get a Vera Bradley diaper bag and Umbrella from my parents. Mark got me a beautiful sterling silver bracelet (along with the .20 gauge shotgun) and had Wyatt's name engraved on it. He even left room for a second name to be added once our family grows - (No, this will not even be a topic of discussion for a LONG time, like several years, so don't get any ideas :)
As for being Wyatt's mom, I just simply cannot imagine my life as it was before him. As tired as I am, as busy as I am, as chaotic as my life is - I would not ever, EVER want it any other way. Mark and Wyatt mean everything to me, and on those days where I wonder if I am the kind of Mother that God has called me to be, or if I am doing a decent job at all- looking at my baby's precious face is all the appreciation I need. I am incredibly blessed- and am grateful to have a healthy, happy, thriving child- in a position where I am constantly interacting with children and families who are not so lucky, I am acutely aware of how much I truly do have to be grateful for. God is so gracious, and so good.
Mark and I took Wyatt to the park yesterday afternoon... as you can tell- I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon :)
No comments:
Post a Comment