Friday, March 6, 2009

Frustrations

I love using this blog to vent my frustrations. I apologize to those of you who don't care about the hum-drum, but I suppose you can skip this post.

This morning was another crazy one in the Olis house, and quite upsetting.

I was out shopping last week at the outlets to get Wyatt some new clothes, and after spending $57 on him to make sure he had some things to get him through summer, my SIL and MIL and I stopped in at the Polo Outlet to see what I could find for my husband who is having a birthday next week. Well, I found him a shirt, and as I breezed through the clearance rack on the women's side I happened to find a cute Polo on sale for $19 in my size- which never happens. I scooped it up, since it was such a good deal, and because I wear these shirts for YEARS, so I figured it was worth it.

Let me preface this by saying I never buy anything for myself anymore, unless I am in dire need of it or I find it on overstock.com for next to nothing. I only buy things when I have scraped enough money off the grocery budget by spending HOURS cutting coupons in order to justify buying anything new. We went to a wedding back in December, and I wore a three year old dress that I got for graduation. Nor am I buying a new dress to wear to my SIL's rehearsal dinner- last summer, I wore the same maternity shorts- EVERY day just about. Anyways, I digress.

I put this shirt on for the FIRST time to wear to work today.

I walk inot the kitchen to find the Pyrex dish from last night's dinner soaking in our sink. It was Mark's night to clean the kitchen- when I clean the kitchen, I finish the dishes- he does not. I am used to this by now, so I go about finishing the kitchen. I unload the dishwasher, and the whole time Mark is watching me- knowing that I just put on my BRAND NEW shirt.

Also, I NEVER use bleach- EVER!!!!!!!!!!! Mark begged me to buy last week, so he could use it on his coolers that had fish in them- so I buy it. What does he do??? He uses it on dishes, and never says a WORD to me. Well, I am sure you have figured out the rest of this story- my shirt it ruined, and I never got to wear it. Let me just tell you- I tore into him. It was not pretty, but I am only human and I was MAD. He should have known better, after I told him a hundred times not to use bleach on dishes. He saw me washing that dish and never breathed a word of warning that I might want to change my top. NOPE, nothing.

I know I am feeling sorry for myself, but I don't care. I am sick over this, and I want my dang shirt. I am sure eventually I will get over this- but ain't gonna be today. Today I am going to be ticked.

1 comment:

LB said...

Rachel--I feel your pain. If I bought a new shirt, and it got ruined, I would be sick over it!! So sad. I hope you can buy another one!!