Ella Cate is 8 days old! This past week seems so surreal- everything, and I mean everything, went so fast. It seems I had just walked into my OB's office to confirm my pregnancy and I turned around and he is delivering her. Craxy.
Anyways, my induction was scheduled for Jan. 29th ... one week short of my due date. We arrived at 5:30 a.m.- and she was here by 11:01 a.m., weighing 7 pounds, 13 ounces and exactly 20 inches long.
It was incredibly fast and seamless (minus the two epidural takes) that all of my fears regarding inductions were laid to rest. She is absolutely perfect and dainty in every way. Other than the typical middle-of-the-night feedings, we have had no issues. She is the epitome of sweetness- only making a peep when hungry or in need of a diaper change.
Recovery had also been easier this time as well. As any new mother, I am bone tired, emotional and ready for some semblance of a schedule around here. Right now its all hands on deck.... and splitting my time between two children is something I am not used to. I know our "new normal" is around the corner- in the mean time, I am trying to focus on today - instead of the next 18 years. She is so precious. Five years ago I would have felt unproductive sitting around cuddling a baby - now, its my top priority.
Wyatt adores his sister... it makes my heart sing to see the two of them together. We are all so happy she's here.. the Lord has certainly blessed our family!
1 comment:
LOVE!!!!! Beautiful girl! xoxo
Post a Comment