Monday, July 4, 2011

Sittin' on the dock of the bay...


It's hard to believe that the summer is half over! We had a wonderful Destin-filled holiday. These two munchkins couldn't have been happier (i.e. rambunctious as all get out :) to spend four uninterrupted days on the coast with one of their favorite uncles.

It may be the last of the traveling we do for a while (other than the three of us going to Atlanta). It is beyond exhausting to protect, entertain and discipline an almost three-year-old when he is around his 10-month-old cousin for an extended period of time. I probably sound like the Wicked Witch of the West after asking 9,458 times for him to give a toy back, or to stop whining or to quit throwing sand.

Of course it was well worth the trouble to see the look in their eyes as the fireworks started. Sitting on that dock in a rare moment of peace, my sister -in -law and I commented that though it was a lot of work to get them down there and keep them from killing each other, it was, in deed, worth it. I still do not understand how those of you with two or more do it! I can already tell that Wyatt's 3rd year is going to be quite the challenge.

Along increasing independence, Wyatt's rebellious side is ramping up. I feel I am having to keep a check on my frustration level more often than not, and also come up with creative ways to get him to do what he needs to do when he needs to do it- not easy, let me tell ya. I only wish babies came with lifelong instruction manuals :)

We returned home just in time to hit the party planning in full force. Everything is starting to come together, and we can't wait to celebrate the big #3!

This little pirate is ready... let's just hope I am ;)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh in my opinion 3 is WAY harder than 2- even the end of 3 is harder than the beginning of 3. Hmm, does that mean 4 will be even more difficult? Uh-oh!

Kathy said...

Okay, I'm still convinced that 2 children is easier than 1. I don't understand it myself and we've only been doing it for 7 months, but that's just how it is! Perhaps it's because your attention just can't be focused on one.
As far as age is concerned, I've heard that 3 is harder than 2... oh dear :).
We miss you guys!