Ahoy Matey's!
Wyatt's Birthday was a success! It was such a relief to have rented the clubhouse in our neighborhood, because I didn't have to worry about cleaning , it stayed cool and was the perfect size!
Our little guy was so excited, (a bit overwhelmed at first, but he ended up having a great time with all of his friends :)
Here are some pictures:
Centerpieces
The dessert/candy table
Some of my family and friends are as obsessed with Southern Living as I am, so I borrowed several of their buckets that matched mine, and flipped them upside down to make cute
candy containers
For candy, we had neon glow worms, ring pops, blow pops and candy necklaces.
I used PeaceHeartCupcakes on Etsy for all of the table toppers and cupcake toppers, and used tin buckets and shred from the dollar store to hold them. I also ordered his napkin holders from there as well.
I didn't want to go with the traditional red/black, so I added a punch of color with the cupcakes.
Kurt's girlfriend made some adorable Pirate face cupcakes as well, but they weren't there yet when I took these pictures :)
The food table:
The food wasn't completely out when I took this picture, but we had fruit in waffle cups, Pirate's Booty Popcorn, Goldfish, chicken salad sandwiches, pasta salad, hot dogs wrapped in biscuits and Cannonballs (peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate- a Stephanie signature :)
A huge thank you to my mother-in-law and sister-in-law who did most of the food. I couldn't have pulled this party off without them- and it was SUPER yummy too :)
Here are the labels I had printed for the food (Etsy again)- I thought they turned out adorable!
The entryway/favor table:
My mom painted the sign (she is super talented! For some reason, I did not get the artistic gene :) For favors, I ordered wrapped cookies from Cookie Queen of Alabama and then added favor tags:
She also made crabs and octopus cookies, but I forgot to take pictures of those.
The drink table (my mom painted the sign hanging above)
The activities:
Mark made a Walk-The-Plank out of two buckets and some 2x4's. We also had a pirate tent, a cannonball toss and a treasure dig (basically I dumped gold coins and jewels into a sandbox) the kids loved this- something about getting as dirty as you possibly can while wearing your cute
st party clothes is hugely appealing.
Also a big hit was the treasure chest pinata. Thank goodness we had a couple older kids there, or that thing would never have gotten busted! It was the sturdiest cardboard box I have ever seen- I think we would still be out there swinging if it hadn't been for Ryan and Lily :)
Thank you to everyone who came out to celebrate with us! It was a wonderful day, and one Wyatt will never forget :)
1 comment:
What and awesome party!
Post a Comment