Tuesday, June 28, 2011

This Little Monkey

Has eyes that could melt a glacier and a smile that goes on for miles. My little monkey- with a perfect little nose and a perfect knack for finding trouble. He spins me in circles every day and makes me wonder what my life was like only three short years ago.

I am a little less patient and a little more tired. I am a lot more grateful and a lot more worried. My life changed forever the moment his began. My heart is on my sleeve and I live for the kisses and the cuddles and the imaginary boo boos that only I can fix.

The days seem to last forever, yet the years fly by. I try to let every detail of every moment marinate- until I am absolutely sure I will remember it forever. Even still, the ache is there. I know these minutes are fleeting, and one day I will look back and wonder where the time went. Already it has been three years and I wonder if I have captured enough. Have I let time slip through my fingers concerned with non-important things? Have I stayed in the moment, or wandered in my own thoughts- forgetting what is right in front of me?

He is my heart and soul- absolute sweetness and curiosity and all that is right with the world. He makes my life bounce with excitement and his laughter is music to my ears. This precious boy, my Wyatt. There has never been one like you, and there will never be another. You have brought me such unspeakable joy and for you I am eternally grateful!







No comments: