Playing with Grandma's glasses and checking out "Mommy's work" right before they took him back.
Wyatt's surgery went exceptionally well-- Praise the Lord!! I didn't sleep much at all Monday night, thinking about it. We arrived at the hospital around 9, and after getting checked in and talking to the surgeon and Anesthesia, they took him back just after 11. An hour hour, we got a glowing report from the surgeon and were told we would more than likely get to go home for the night (Thank you, thank you Lord!!)
We did in fact, get to go home after arriving at Children's only six hours before. I cannot speak higher of the whole experience. I know I am a little biased, but as a parent- I could not be more pleased. Everyone- from the lab techs to the CRNA's to the anesthesiologist to the nursing staff treated my child like he was one of their own. They truly knew, that as a mom, this would be terribly difficult- yet they were enormously comforting. I am so, so grateful we have such a wonderful facility in our backyard- what a blessing.
Recovery, on the other hand, has been a bit rough. As expected, Wyatt is hurting- it is quite painful for him to swallow the medicine, so getting that in him has been a challenge. It breaks my heart to see him so miserable-- but, so far, no bleeding and no vomiting, so I think we are doing pretty well- exhausted- but chugging along. I am thankful that I have had the last couple of days to comfort my baby, and praying that next week will prove to be a turning point for our little guy.
I cannot tell you how much all of the prayers and thoughts have meant to us-- it was beyond comforting to know so many people were thinking of us this week- and we love you for it! The calls, texts and emails have been unbelievable. We are incredibly blessed to have such amazing friends and family- and I thank God for all of you!
1 comment:
way to go Wyatt!!! xoxo's from SC!
Post a Comment