Sunday, May 1, 2011

Zoo Day, Potty Troubles and Mom Question









On Saturday, we joined Stephanie, Delaney and some of my best friends and their kiddos for a play date at the zoo. There is a new African exhibit, and Wyatt was thrilled to see the elephants and giraffes. His favorite part of the entire day was the splash pad. I failed to bring a bathing suit, but had an extra pair of shorts so I gave in and let him play in the water. He was fit to be tied when I dragged him out and was a bit mismatched the rest of the day, but it was worth it :)

When we got to the public play area, Wyatt told me that he had to go potty. No problem- we were about two feet from the bathroom. Before I could even reach down and pick him up, he had pulled his elastic waist banded shorts to the ground and was peeing in full view of everyone. I was BEYOND mortified. All I could do was scream for him to stop, but once he started, there was no stopping, All the moms were incredibly gracious and my friends thought it was hysterical (I will admit- had it not been my child peeing in a public park, I would have thought it was funny too :) I guess thats life with a boy- I did tell Mark that there would be no more pit stops in the backyard until he was a little older, and a little less confused ;)

On another note, Wyatt's Excema continues to be a problem- particularly when it begins to warm up and when his skin is exposed to chlorine. I know if this is the worst problem we have to deal with, then I really have nothing to complain about- BUT aside from slathering him in steroid cream, I was just wondering if any of you had any advice? We spend the majority of our summer at the pool, and I would like to be able to enjoy it without having to worry about Wyatt's skin cracking open at the end of the day. Ya'll, it was so bad last night that Wyatt was screaming and crying while Mark held him down and I covered him from head to toe with medicated cream. It just kills me that I can't find a better way to keep a handle on it-- please let me know if you know of anything that might help!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I feel your pain, Austin has eczema too. His cheeks get it the worst. I've asked our doctor 100 times and the only thing he tells me is to continue the hydrocortisone and aquaphor regimen. I did see this post the other day and maybe it will help you a little bit! http://www.thesitsgirls.com/2011/04/tips-and-tricks-to-treat-eczema-at-home/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thesitsgirls%2FdIsr+%28The+Secret+is+in+the+Sauce%29

Kathy said...

AQUAPHOR!!!!! Lather him down in it! It has worked so well for Will. You have to get past the greasy feel at first b/c once it "soaks" in, it helps so much and it's a healing ointment so it doesn't cause any discomfort or pain, even if the skin is open.