There have been two events that have absolutely consumed my heart and soul this week.
The recent tornado outbreak is still so very real and painful- one week has passed, and yet, in that small amount of time, so much has changed. Neighbors are helping neighbors, rivals are helping rivals- beyond anything else-- we are in this thing together. Some are more impacted than others, but all of us have been affected in some way or another. I am ready for Saturday, if for nothing else, to provide healing to my soul. I don't care if I am hauling trees, fishing through rubble, serving food or providing any amount of comfort-- I need to do something.
I have become fixated on You Tube-- watching the tornados whip through the state over and over and over again. I scour blogs, facebook and online articles related to the storms and the aftermath. I know that on Saturday, I will be way more blessed than any of the people and families we serve. I am a firm beliver that giving back, regardless of the method, is the best medicine for survivors guilt or the feeling of utter helplessness.
The other unexpected event that has affected our family is Wyatt's impending tonsilectomy on Tuesday. Whether or not a medical procedure is inpatient or outpatient, minor or major, planned or unplanned is completely irrelevent to this momma. I am a nervous wreck thinking about my baby going under anesthesia, have needles poked into his arm, and being scared because he doesn't know what's going on. I feel a MILLION times better that my co-workers will be in the OR with him and that we are having the surgery done in such an exceptional facility. It is, however, nervewracking nonetheless.
We did find out this week that Wyatt has a minor heart murmur that has gone undetected until now- probably because the doctors can hear it better when he is sick. I felt kind of silly after tests were ran and everything looked okay, because I burst into tears in the doctors office and began thinking of everything and anything that could lay ahead for us, and for him. I think it comes with working with and around sick children- you just always expect the worst- and it adds another element of worry to Tuesday-- even with the surgeon's assurance that everything will be fine- I am trusting in the Lord to hold my baby even when I can't, and I know that Wyatt will be taken care of.
Thanks in advance for all your prayers in the upcoming week!
1 comment:
Prayers headed your way!!!! I have a heart murmur, too (they didn't find it until I was 16) - mine is also minor. He'll be just fine - not to worry, mom :). xoxo
Post a Comment