Sunday, April 10, 2011

These are the days

Wyatt and his girlfriend Ava :) This is the perfect rehearsal dinner pic!!

Digging for treasure



What a special weekend for so many reasons. I look forward to Saturday mornings when Wyatt prances into our room and announces his presence with the sweetest "Good Morning!" I have ever heard. Lately he has crawled into bed with us, Mickey and all. I can't tell you how precious those moments are- the three of us snuggling and tickling and laughing. Even though it's 6 a.m. and I am exhausted from the week- I wouldn't trade it for all the world.

My parents came in town on Saturday, and Mom and I went furniture shopping for Wyatt's big boy room - I found exactly what I wanted for a great deal... so, furniture is on it's way, custom bedding is being made by Mark's mom, and I CAN'T wait to start decorating :) I can't believe my baby is out of the crib - it just amazes me that time is going so fast!

After a yummy dinner of smoked Crappie (freshly caught by Mark) we took Wyatt for a walk. Halfway down our street, he demanded that I stop the wagon. I thought maybe he had seen a bug or animal that called for closer examination. Instead, he hauled himself over the side of the wagon and pulled a bunch of wild flowers out of the ground. When he handed them to me telling me they were 'for mommy' I almost melted right on the pavement. My sweet baby boy had picked his first flowers and wanted me to have them. It was the smallest of gesture, but it made my heart feel as if it would burst with joy. A moment I will never ever forget.

Another special moment was the dedication of the brand new Contemporary building at our church. Eight months ago, this building was an empty Winn Dixie. Today, it is one of the most beautiful church facilities I have ever seen. It was incredible to worship in the space that only a few months ago was just a drawing on a piece of paper. Words cannot describe the overwhelming feeling that God is going to do some amazing things this space.

We rounded out the weekend with a Princess and Pirate party to celebrate sweet Maybrie's 3rd Birthday. It was a ton of fun, and made us excited for our own Pirate party only FOUR short months away! Can you believe it?!

No comments: