Saturday, April 9, 2011

It's all for the Kids...


This is one of those rare posts where I will talk about my 9 to 5. Yesterday was very special to me, as it was the culmination of some very hard work. We are talking early mornings, late evenings and more than few chest pains along the way.

Yesterday, as more than 100 Hematology and Oncology patients rolled out of donated vans driven by volunteers at Barber Motorsports for the Indy qualifiers, I thought to myself that it may have just been worth it. As I watched the smiles as patient families shook the hands of drivers and received hugs from an A-list celebrities, I felt that it was a great day. But, when I witnessed this precious moment, I knew that the tears, stress and failures over the past few weeks no longer mattered.
Each and every time I begin to feel overwhelmed, our great, big God shows me the enormity of His love in these tiny, sacred moments. And ... I feel certain I am here for a reason. What an incredible feeling that is!

Thank you to all who made this day possible. You simply have no idea the impact this had on so many people. Wow!
and, yes, that is Patrick Dempsey to my left in case you were wondering ;) That was pretty cool too, I might add...






1 comment:

Rachel @ daily dunmore said...

You are good at what you do!