We made our first Destin trip of the season over the weekend- and it was no small feat. Not only did the regulars go (Steph, Me, Liz and Wyatt) but we added a few "newbies" to the group this time :)
Kurt was thrilled, I am sure, to have SEVEN women and two children take over his house. Among the bras, panties, bathing suits, night gowns, diapers, tampons, hair bows, sippy cups, bottles, toothpaste, face wash, Vera Bradley and sand toys, we managed to disseminate every semblance of order in his home.
But, we DID make it to the beach and almost not lose our minds. My child acted in typical two-year-old fashion and made a scene every where we went-- come to find out, he had Bronchitis and so did half our party upon returning on Sunday. Other than the meltdowns and the illness- I count the trip a success. Especially since Kurt's new girlfriend didn't run screaming for the hills after spending the weekend with the crazy Olis/Hamm crew :)
I am still trying to get back into the swing of things this week as we prepare to celebrate Easter season. I just love this time of year--not because of the baskets, the egg hunts and the blooming foliage, but because I simply cannot think of anything more sacred than celebrating the ultimate gift of Grace.
"For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, so that the cross of Christ would not be made void. " 1 Corinthians 1:17
No comments:
Post a Comment