I promise this post will not mention sports. Actually, I am referring to the crazy weather in Alabama. It is always a toss up as to what March will bring, and this year is no exception. Yesterday, I hosted a small thirty-one gifts party at the house (I love any excuse to get out serving pieces, bake a cake and have girlfriends over :) I purposely scheduled it at four, because it is after nap time, and Wyatt is typically in somewhat of a calm mood- plus it would give me all day to turn my house from dismal to decent ;)
James Spann, Birmingham's most sensational meteorologist had been reporting in my living room all day, but come 3 p.m., with no rain or hail to speak of, I turned off the T.V.
Needless to say, when only half my guests had arrived, and the skies turned black, I checked my phone. I had a dozen text messages telling me there was a tornado spotted in Calera- about a mile from my house. One of my friends was stuck at Walmart waiting for it to pass (no sirens in this town so we had no clue about the impending storm- if the mayor happens to read this blog, all I have to say is ahem).
Anyways, it worked out and we had a great time-- we just had a bit of a scare and missed a few folks. The lemon white-chocolate cake was AWESOME I might add. You can get the recipe here.
In other news, tonight was our first family dinner at the same table. Wyatt has graduated to a booster (I got really tired of cleaning the tray to the high chair three times a day :) and I was actually able to fend off his hunger until I could get food on the table. Usually we are all eating at different times- evenings are incredibly chaotic at our house. I grew up on family dinners, and I have been determined to have the same in my own home.
I have also attached a picture from last week's Fairhope trip, and some that we took at the railroad museum a couple of weeks ago.
Such a precious, precious boy-- we are enjoying every minute of him... and are so grateful for this sweet life.
No comments:
Post a Comment