This has been a very tough week- I traveled to Atlanta to say good-bye to my best friend's father. His cancer was extremely sudden, and he passed just three short weeks after his diagnosis.
This goes back to the age-old question- "Why do bad things happen to such good people?"
We will never know the answer on this side of heaven... but, it hurts me so, so bad to see people reeling with grief.
My second close friend to lose a parent so young--- and it isn't any easier the second-go-round.
I thank you a million times over for all of your thoughts and prayers, what a blessing to know I have so many friends who think about me when I don't even realize it.
And... the good news is... I got to come home and celebrate my 28th birthday with my favorite boys in the whole wide world... and my precious extended family.
Here are some pictures from Sunday...
Hope you are having a great week!
3 comments:
Rachel, I am so sorry about your friend's father. That is so sad, especially with only three weeks warning!!
And happy birthday!!
So sorry to hear about her dad :(.
On a lighter note, is it just me or do you look good with a baby in your arms?! :)
Happy Birthday! You are such a youngin!
Post a Comment