Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mischief

If I had a dollar for every time I prayed for patience this past week, I would be rich. I could only wish for a camera that would have captured my 23-month-old in action. My nerves are shot, and it's a good thing my darling child is so darling... because there is no telling what this momma would have done.

I look at other children that are so well behaved, that don't yell, kick or punch. Children that don't run laps around the outside of the pool and proceed to tick the lifeguards off. I wonder what they are doing that I am not doing?! Ugh.

Last night, as I was sitting beside Wyatt who was in the bathtub- my phone rang. While I was momentarily distracted (still in the same room) he poured cupfuls of water into the wastebasket to the point of over flowing. By the time I realized what he was doing I was ankle deep in bath water. It took me over an hour to mop it up and get him ready for bed. And... that... is just one of many, many "issues" we have had lately :)

4 comments:

Dorminey Days said...

I feel your pain. Ava doesn't stay in the pool either. She would much rather run around much to my dismay. :) Sounds like you have a two year old on your hands.

Amanda said...

I am right there with you. Will is exhausting me these days. We pretty much can't go out in public anymore. I feel like I am doing something wrong, because everyone else's child seems act so good all of the time. Will is constantly testing me and Clay!

Hopefully both Will and Wyatt are just in a phase and it will pass quickly :)

Stephanie Craycraft said...

Just get ready....I hate to tell you this, but he is about to be two....and NOTHING will change...the twins are three, and the only difference is now they have the full understanding/reasoning to know what they are doing is bad!!!!

Amanda Moore said...

Rachel, Welcome to the terrible 2's you just think all the other kids are well behaved but in reality they al have their monets. Savannah is approaching the Trying 3s way to fast in my book... we go from happy go lucky to whinny to back talking kicking screaming tantrum and then back to happy! So you are not alone and I think the past few weeks somthing has been in the air because it has been intisified!