Thursday, June 24, 2010

Another Beach Trip!

Exhausted :)
Dude, you're at the beach- what are you crying about? :)
Working on my sand castle with Daddy
No oil in sight!


I feel like a new woman! Mark, Wyatt and I took a couple of days off and headed back to Destin to visit Kurt for a long weekend. We had a wonderful time doing nothing but playing, eating and relaxing. Wyatt did super for the most part, minus a few well-ignored temper flare-ups. I really needed to get out of town... it seemed everything had been getting to me lately both at home and at work, and I honestly had forgotten how stress just seems to melt away at the coast.

Mark's sweet mom came down for a couple of days to see Kurt compete in his first triathlon, so we got some much needed R&R. She even insisted that Wyatt's pack n play reside in her room so that we could sleep in. Can I just say she is WONDERFUL?! Also, she headed back a day earlier than us, and took Wyatt with her so that we could enjoy a day on the beach actually relaxing and not chasing a two-year-old around.

My sweet husband even put his beloved fishing rod away, and spent the entire weekend playing with Wyatt and me... I don't know about you, but it is rare that a vacation feels like a vacation when you have a toddler and your husband feels he will surely die a slow, painful death if he doesn't catch dinner. It was nice to have his undivided attention, and the extra help :).

Next up, Mark is heading out for his annual float-the-Cahaba man's weekend, and we have another baby shower for Miss Delaney this weekend. Then we have a trip planned to see out sweet South Carolina friends, Kathy, Stephen and Will for the fourth... and then the big 2nd birthday festivities will commence :)

Whew, what a busy Summer!

2 comments:

Trista Brom said...

So glad that y'all had a good time and a nice getaway! You are so right about the coast melting away stress. There's something about the ocean air that just makes me breathe easier! :)

And you do have an awesome Mother-In-Law! What a treat that she let y'all sleep in and have some time at the beach to yourselves!

Mark and Max sound like they could be related. Max gets up before the sun when we're at the beach to go fishing. I always tell him, "it's vacation, we're supposed to sleep in!"

Amy said...

We really need to come visit ya'll sometime soon. Figure out a good weekend and let me know and I'm going to make it happen (before I can't anymore) What are you going to be doing for Wyatt's bday?