This little heart throb makes me melt :) We had a good weekend- Friday was a snow day, and we had a blast introducing Wyatt to the winter wonderland in our backyard- pictures to come... I am still waiting on Mark to send them to me. Mark ended up having a guys night in on Friday- three of his friends came to experience his new pride and joy- the fire pit of course. Oh yes, they stood next to the burning blaze in ankle deep in slushy, muddy, wet snow to swap tall tales until the wee hours of the morning. I on the other hand, called it an early night and went to bed.
On Saturday, Wyatt and I joined my SIL and MIL for a scavenger hunt through the local kids consignment store to peruse for new toys for a certain boy's 19-month birthday :). I scored a super sweet Little Tykes tool bench with all the tools you can imagine- and it came with a super sweet price tag as well- can't beat that! After lysoling it down, I put it through the Wyatt test- and he absolutely loves it... the best part is, it fits perfectly in his room and I don't have to clutter up the living room with any more primary-colored plastic.
After lunch with Steph and Grandma, I packed Wyatt up for a night in Clanton so that Mark and I could have our Valentine's date night. We had planned on going to dinner and a movie because we had two movie passes to cash in- however, when we got ready to leave... they were no where to be found. We searched and sifted and scrounged... and we never found them. At this point we were running dangerously close to missing our reservations, so we gave up and decided to call it an early night after we ate. By the way, my husband was really sweet and surprised me with a sweet card and chocolates... even though we agreed on no gifts.
We tried a new restaurant... and it was AMAZING. Completely authentic Italian, candlelight, white tablecloths... tons of ambiance, and great wine. The entire restaurant only has eight tables, so you have to have reservations, but it is totally worth the wait to get in. You would think that this type of place would be off the charts expensive, but it really wasn't and you get a TON of food. We will definitely be back!
On Sunday, my sweet friend Erin took some more amazing pictures of Wyatt. She is so talented, and I am super grateful that we have found a lifetime photographer. I also can't believe how much my little boy has changed since our 15 month photo shoot. Check out a few of his pictures here. Doesn't he look like a little man now?
2 comments:
LOVE the navy polo sweater...so cute!! Great pictures!
Love the fire pit! Stephen is super jealous - maybe that'll be one of our projects this summer... we'll see! I saw one of those tool benches at a consignment shop here and was wondering how much Will would like it - glad to hear Wyatt loves it! We went through Will's toys and boxed up the "baby" toys finally - he still doesn't play with everything that's left though :). Just an idea for the next month - matchbox cars!!! Will LOVES them! They're inexpensive AND they don't take up any room!
Post a Comment