Friday, February 12, 2010

My Man and His Fire Pit



Here is the picture of what was built in our backyard last weekend. I am so proud of Mark- he literally built this in one day, and we have already enjoyed sitting around the fire together.


The next step is to chooose the pavers to put around it and to build out our patio. We hope to have all of this completed within the next month, and hopefully I will be able to find a good deal on some outdoor furniture. We are also going to open up our back porch and have a path going from the patio to the fire pit as well as a pergula in the near future. I can't wait until everything is green and lush again, because it looks pretty dismal right now. But I know that it will look beautiful this Spring once we are finished.


I can't wait to host our first outdoor bbq bash this summer... combine the fire pit with my hubby's incredible grilling skills and some of that Southern sunshine - sounds like heaven to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel -
Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers! Benton and I are doing pretty well right now...just taking it one day at a time. :) I love your blog...and your son is adorable! I bet he is so much fun!! The fire pit looks great! You're giving me ideas for what my husband can do this spring - hehe!!
- Katie