Monday, February 8, 2010

God Provides

We had a very exciting weekend... my parents came in town on Friday and basically took over all things Wyatt... I think I only changed one diaper all weekend- I didn't give baths, serve meals- nothing. It was awesome. We just played and played and Mom and Dad have been in seventh heaven for the past 48 hours. As my mom put it, "As far as I am concerned, Wyatt can do whatever he wants while we are here!"

Well, okay then. Our little man isn't eating this up at all- nah, he's having a terrible time :)


On Saturday, I did keep my hair appointment because I had childcare that isn't usually so readily available, and Mom offered to pay for a hair cut because apparently 'I was in dire need of it' (thanks mom :)


Anyways, I walk into the salon fully prepared to cancel the color portion of the appointment due to the lack of funding this month. Before I could even open my mouth, the receptionist pulls out a giant basket of very expensive looking hair products and a gift certificate for $125 worth of salon services and hands it to me. She tells me congratulations, and before I can even get my jaw off the floor, I am told that I was last month's winner. I vaguely remember entering some type of drawing the last time I was there, but I never gave it another thought. I seriously never.win.anything.ever.



I fully give God the credit for this- here I was feeling sorry for myself and upset over the sad state of our bank accounts. I was going to give up my hair appointment that I so desperately needed, and God gave me a little boost. I can't tell you how much I needed that... and let me tell you, I got the works done- I left feeling like a million bucks without spending a dime. Here's all the loot I get to enjoy at home:

And here is my "winning" certificate:










On Saturday afternoon Mom and I went to see Dear John. I LOVE Nicholas Sparks and have devoured all of his novels. The Notebook is still my all time favorite movie. I was counting down the days until I could see Tatum Channing surf across the screen in all his glory. And while I did most enjoy his hotness in the movie- I was disappointed in the ending, and left the movie feeling very sad... what did ya'll think?



Saturday evening we had dinner with some very special friends of ours from church. Trista and Max prepared an amazing meal of stuffed pork tenderloin, corn on the cob and spinach salad- YUM! They have such a beautiful home, and we had a great time eating visiting and playing games. Trista is an incrdible hostess and a tremendous person. I am immensly grateful for her friendship- she is one of the most uplifting and encouraging individuals that I know! Mark and Max have a lot in common and always have a good time when we are all together. We can't wait to return the favor and have them over very soon.





Mark finished our new fire pit this weekend! It looks amazing and I am so excited to build out the patio around it. I am so proud of my man! He built it with his bare hands and it looks incredible. I can't wait to post pictures very soon.

We finished out the weekend with a Super Bowl party at Nathan and Hope's house- the food was amazing and the company was great. Thanks to the Hope's for hosting a great party (yep, their last name is Hope- so her name is Hope Hope... we call her Hope squared :)

I "Hope" you had a fantastic weekend ;) as well!

1 comment:

Trista Brom said...

We had so much fun too! So glad y'all could come over, and we can't wait to do it again soon! Love you girl! :)