Here he is this morning, as we changed his diaper while singing our rendition of 'Happy Half Birthday'.
Not a day goes by that my heart does not swell from pride from this little miracle. Oh how I love this little man!
I read recently that it it important for moms to think about those things that only you can do for your child- because these are your privileges as a mother. Sure, there are lots of things that others can do for him- but I am the only one who knows where his tickle spot behind his left thigh is, or the way that he likes to cuddle with his blue blanket across my chest, or what verse of Silent Night calms him during a crying fit. Only I have that Mother's touch- and what a privilege that is!
So what is my one-and-a-half year old up to these days? More than I can put in this post, more than you probably care to read- but here are some highlights:
- Running, jumping, climbing- on everything, all the time
- Singing his little heart out- he loves the clean-up song, and his ABC's
- Mimicking Mark and I- no matter what we do or say, he wants to do/say it too!
- Naming animals and their corresponding noises- last night we practiced his crow call- Daddy was very impressed.
- Speaking in phrases and three-syllable words (Doggie says woof!) (There's the baby) (Where is Sadie?) (Want to eat) (All Done Mommy) (Get Down Mommy) (My cup please) (Thank You) (You're Welcome) (Hello _____ )
- I have no way of determining how many words he knows- every day he is saying something new- I willing to bet it is in the hundreds. Both Mark and I were very advanced verbally (surprise, surprise!) so we knew Wyatt would be a little talker :)
- We are still working on using our utensils. He knows how to use them, but he doesn't see the point since it is so much quicker to shovel it in with his hand, and then throw the bowl and contents all over my kitchen :)
- He is now telling me when he poo poos-and if you ask him where poo poo comes from, he immediately pats his bottom. It's hysterical!
- He wears a size 5 diaper, and 18-24 month clothes.
- He LOVES music. He will stop and dance and sing anytime he hears music. We call his moves the "Elaine Dance" because he throws his hands up in the air and has absolutely no rhythm at all- much like Elaine on Seinfeld. Again, this is highly entertaining.
- Wonderful eater, which I am so thankful for. Literally, the child will eat anything and everything, and lots of it- thank you Lord!
- He is an apple-juice-loving, Sponge Bob obsessed, smart-as-a-whip, happy, healthy boy.
Yes, I am bragging- but this is a milestone post... what else is a proud mother to do? :)
2 comments:
I've seen that boy break it down and, buddy, he can shake that poo poo booty with the best of them! Happy 18 months Wyatt!
he is so stinkin cute! love it!
Post a Comment