Monday, January 11, 2010

Our Wyatt-filled Weekend...




We spent a lot of time like this over the weekend. I know I mentioned earlier in the week that we had no plans for Saturday and Sunday except to stay indoors- and did we ever! In fact, the only time we got out was to go to church. It was such a relief to work around the house and to play, play, play.





Saturday morning, Wyatt got his hammer out to help daddy put the trim in around the hardwood floors. He was such a good helper!






Then, Lily and Jennifer came over to exchange belated Christmas presents. Wyatt got an Elmo Live, and oh my gosh does he love Elmo. He literally carried Elmo around all weekend, and got really upset if we turned him off for a minute. Seriously, I had to listen to the red little monster all.weekend.long. Thanks for sharing the love Jennifer :)








Most of the afternoon on both days, Wyatt would simply grab his blanket and curl up on he couch with me. We ate snacks in our PJ's and enjoyed his favorite Elmo movie and a Sponge Bob marathon. I even let him try popcorn for the first time. I was a little nervous about it, but I made sure he got no kernels and only gave him the fluffy parts. He loved it! Even Sadie got in on the action- and as usual, tried to steal Wyatt's food :)





His babyhood seems like a lifetime ago. He is such a little boy now- speaking in phrases, sitting still for hours at a time instead of seconds, responding to instructions and interacting with other children. Each day brings more independence and less reliance on us. I thought that I would be little sad about this, and I often wondered if I would start craving another baby as Wyatt got older.

I can honestly say that I am loving toddler hood and am still not in a huge rush to have another baby. I want to soak up every minute with my precious boy, and give him every ounce of extra energy I have. Wyatt was the sweetest surprise of all and now I have the blessing of time on my hands...I absolutely love having one child to pour my heart into. This all might change, but for now- I adore my family of three. Oh how sweet these days are!

No comments: