Since I am working on this for work as well, I figured this cold, gray Friday might be a good day for it. These are in no particular order, and are of no particular surprise. I am sure they are similar to everyone's personal resolutions, but it helps me to get them down anyways.
For Me Personally:
- I want to be a better household manager. This year I felt that I didn't get to spend as much "fun" time with Wyatt as I would like because I was constantly making grocery lists, cutting coupons, folding laundry, cleaning the house, ect... I know myself enough to realize that I can never just let the house go, but I think I can develop a better way to help things run more smoothly. If nothing else, I need to communicate to Mark better and let him know what I need from him, instead of just doing it myself. I also want to get more organized with our meal planning and I hope that a little more research and planning can make things a little less chaotic in the grocery store. Now that Wyatt is getting older, we are really going to try to do more fun things as a family, and a little less time at home where there are more "to-dos" and distractions from some good old-fashioned bonding time.
- I want to be a better Christian. Not in just acting out my faith, but in my time spent with God. I hope that this year, I will grow more in my faith by pouring over his word. I want my prayer life to be a constant flow of communication, not just a once daily "request" list. Jesus has been my best friend for as long as I remember, but I feel like I talk to my "human" best friends more than him, which is not good. I want to burn scripture into my heart so that I can take it everywhere with me, and I want my attitude to reflect the peace and joy that comes with a close relationship with Him.
- I want to be a better friend. God has blessed me many times over with wonderful women in my life. I want others to know that they can count on me, and I want to constantly let them know that they are loved and they are truly a gift to me that I cherish. I want others to trust me, and I want to get better about sending notes and cards to lift others up or to celebrate a special time in their life. I want to spend more time with my friends and more time in prayer for my friends. I also want be a better sister and daughter and daughter-in-law. Our family has done so much for us, and I hope to do more for them to let them know how much we appreciate them.
- I want to be a WONDERFUL aunt. As we welcome a new addition into our family this year, I hope that I can learn all I can about this new role. I hope to be a support to my sister-in-law and brother-in-law, and I know I will have no problem showering that baby with lots of love :)
- I want to be a better mom and wife. This will always be a work in progress, but I know I need to be more appreciative of my husband, and more patient with my toddler. I can never express in words how happy these two people make me, and I should show it every second of every day. When I am tired I need to get better about asking for help so that I don't get so frustrated. I want spend more time in "Wyatt" world rather than "Rachel" world this year :).
As a family:
- This year, we need to save more money. We are working towards putting more money in the bank and less spending on frivolous items. Again, this is a work in progress- but sometimes SO HARD to do.
- More quality family time, and less time spent in front of the T.V.
- More time spent together in prayer
In The Home:
- Installation of the fire pit and new patio. New patio furniture.
- Replace flooring in laundry room and paint
- Replace mirrors in Master Bath and tile shower
- Wyatt's big boy room!
What are your goals this year?
1 comment:
i love your resolutions...i always make them and don't live up to them, but aren't they great goals! and so encouraging!
Post a Comment