We are still reeling with sickness around our house... I tell ya, this early flu season has been rough on us. Thank goodness I did not catch what Mark and Wyatt have been suffering through. Just when we thought we were rounding a corner, Mark took a turn for the worse and ended up back in the doctor's office yesterday with the same symptoms he had last week. After a chest x-ray, two spots were found on his lungs that appeared to be the beginning of Pneumonia. He is resting, taking his meds and is officially grounded from all outdoor activities until further notice :). After two weeks, he will go back in for another chest x-ray- I told him he has to get well for our trip next week!
Wyatt has not gotten worse, but has not gotten better either. His fever is gone, but he is still coughing and wheezing. He is extremely fussy and clingy, so I know he is still suffering from the body aches and a constant runny nose. We have a follow up appointment tomorrow with the pediatrician, so I am hoping that we can figure out what we can do to get him well again. He hasn't been back to daycare in a week because I am too concerned about his compromised immune system and lack of energy. Again, I need to get him well in order to feel comfortable about leaving him for a week at the grandparents- nurse Rachel is exhausted!
4 comments:
Bummer! I hope the pedi has some answers for you tomorrow! I bet you are tired. This mom stuff is not for the faint of heart!
Wow you guys have had a tough time...Hope it gets better soon! We were in the dr office today and i regretted going because of all the people with masks on, I didn't realize how hard it had hit already!
Praying here in Columbia! Please let me know how the doctor's appointment goes tomorrow!!!
I hope your boys feel better SOON!
Post a Comment