Friday, October 23, 2009

sick... AGAIN!

Oh Lord, this is going to be a very long flu season. Mark, Kurt (my BIL) and Steph (my SIL), all came back from the wedding feeling horrible. Come to find out, the flu was spreading like crazy up there, and over 30 people that attended the wedding got sick including the bride and groom who are spending their honeymoon holed up in a hotel room in Italy- sick as dogs!

Mark was diagnosed with walking Pneumonia, and Steph and Kurt were treated for the flu, even though their nose swab came back negative.

I wasn't surprised when Wyatt's school called yesterday to tell me he was running a fever. By the time we got to the pediatrician's office his temp had gone from 102.3 to 103.6... and his flu test came back positive.

On top of having the swine flu, he also has pink eye. Poor little guy just can't catch a break- atleast the Tamiflu seems to be relieving some of his symptoms.

Through all of this my mother in law has been a life-saver. On top of delivering homemade chicken noodle soup, she picked up Wyatt from daycare yesterday and met me at the doctor's office. Today she's keeping Wyatt so that I could come in to work. YAY for Grandmas :)

I hope all of you are staying well- this stuff is no fun. As you can imagine, I am very ready for my family to get healthy again.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry! I hope you stay healthy at least. Praying that everyone gets to feeling better soon!

Kathy said...

poor little guy and big guy! hope everyone feels better soon! YOU better double up on your vitamin c ASAP!

This Texas Momma said...

Poor Olis family! I hope that everyone feels better soon and that you don't get sick. Many prayers for you all!