Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Flu Follow Up and Wyatt's 15-month visit

Bye Bye Swine Flu, hello Upper Respiratory Infection! Amoxicillion is becoming our best friend these days. One more week of the pink stuff, and I pray to Jesus that my little boy will be back to his normal mischievous self. Since his appetite has been next to nil, my chunky boy has lost an entire pound since last week and thus fell into the 25th percentile for weight at 22.3 pounds. This is the first time he has ever come in under 50 percent, so I was not a happy momma. He is in the 75th percentile for length (32 inches), which is a first as well.


Since his fever is gone, we were able to get his 15-month well visit out of the way. Good thing too, because his blue card expired today (this is what happens when your child is sick for month and they keep postponing well-visits until they are actually well- a concept that his daycare didn't seem to understand :)

The good news is that he passed his "body parts" test with flying colors. I gotta tell you- I was really dreading this. I had heard the 15-month visit included a pop quiz, so for the past few weeks I had been trying to cram in as much "belly" "nose" "mouth" questions as possible. Low and behold- he knew them all! As much as I would like to take credit for my sons new found fascination with the crevices on his face, I really think I have to attribute this little victory to daycare - at any rate, he is ahead of the game verbally, so for that I am grateful :)

I can't believe THE trip is only a WEEK away! Oh my goodness, I have so much to do to get ready. Good thing is, I did some research (quizzing my coworkers who were just in San Diego in the Spring) and the attire is apparently very casual- so my newly-acquired bohemian scarves will work out well. Look out California, here we come!


2 comments:

Rachel @ daily dunmore said...

YEAH! Wyatt is doing so well! Just keep reading to him, the rest will take care of itself.

LB said...

Glad that Wyatt may be on the mend!!

Okay, I did not know about the body parts test. We did not have to do that. Hmmm...interesting.