Monday, October 12, 2009

In a Rut...

Okay, I realize I just posted like oh, an hour ago. But I should have saved that post for something more important. I need help people!! I am in a serious clothing crisis. This might be the reason that I am planning a clothing swap with some of my closest girlfriends next month... but I really need to get a few things before we leave for San Diego in (countdown people!) less than ONE month from today.

I am such a classic girl- I have a hard time breaking out of the whole cable-knit turtleneck thing. My mom got me some cute scarves, and I really like them... but I have no idea how to wear them and I feel like a huge dork. I have seen some people pull them off with jeans, boots and a plain colored t-shirt... but I am not sure if I can do it. Do you wear scarves? How do you pull them off?

My friend Erin has inspired me to break out of my shell. She is such a trendy girl, and can pull off just about anything. We are both huge online shoppers (busy moms = no time to shop in stores) so... send me your favorite sites for fashion... I would love to know where you shop.

Thanks Girls!

5 comments:

LB said...

oh I love scarves so much. And they are such an inexpensive way to spice up an outfit.

I don't shop online, but Target and Old Navy are my go to spots for trendy things. You don't want to spend a lot on things that will only last a season. Anyway, that's my two cents. And if you want to go really cute, Anthropologie always has a clearance section online.

Rachel @ daily dunmore said...

I got a scarf last year at Wal-Mart! I love it! I usually wear it with an solid shirt, I have even worn it with short & 3/4 sleever shirts. Most of my more trendy items come from Old Navy. They have flat rate shipping and you can return to a store! When I want to spend a little more I shop at J.Crew & Ann Taylor loft, they are what I consider safe trendy. I signed up for email updates at J.Crew and I get all sorts of free shipping on $100 order coupons.

Erin Hollis/Lens Envy Photography said...

Haha! You crack me up. You always look adorable! You should give yourself more credit.

I buy most of my clothes at Buckle but occasionally I'll stop in at Target or Kohl's and pick up something because you can find a shirt, scarf, or sweater that's super cheap. It may not last more than three washes, but when you only pay $10 for it, who cares. I was in Kohl's last weekend and they had some inexpensive scarves and bandannas and I got several. They were in the junior's section. They had funky colors and prints. The bandanna I'm wearing in our Pumpkin Patch pics came from there. They were like $10-12 each. They had a fun metallic cheetah print one that is calling your name girl!! Haha! Seriously, I should go back and get it. Pair it with some vintage jeans and a black top and you've got it GOIN'ON! They also had a cute sweater dress I've been thinking about that would be cute with leggings and my new ankle boots. I also got one of the long flow-y cardigans you've probably seen a lot lately. Some of the ones I've seen lately are sweaters, and some are a knit fabric. I got a black one I can wear with everything. I can throw it over some funky screen print shirts or tank tops, and throw on a scarf with it. Love it. Dang, now you've got me in the shopping mood. Ugh...my wallet thanks you. hehe!

Erin Hollis/Lens Envy Photography said...

...by the way...I need to hear more about this clothing swap!

Kathy said...

Old Navy has a TON of scarves. Ann Taylor Loft had several on clearance - I got two! I love wearing them! They're better than jewelry! Jeans, solid shirt, and a scarf - you'll be good to go!