Friday, September 11, 2009

The Second Honeymoon

Mark, our resident travel guide, has been plowing away at our bigs plans for San Diego. To say that I am looking forward to this trip would be a massive understatement. I have tried not to let my excitement run away with me, as I feel it would be a distraction from every day life. For the next couple of months, I still have laundry to fold, lunches to pack and projects to complete... but when my dear sweet husband e-mailed me all of the details of our trip- it about sent me over the edge. I have found myself staring off into space several times this morning, dreaming of this trip- especially the evening that my husband has planned for us on my 27th Birthday.

Of course, 2.5 days of this 6-day trip I will be in a conference, but let's not get bogged down with those boring details. While I am developing my professional career, Mark will be in the middle of ocean on a huge boat fishing for Marlin, Tuna, Shark and whatever else fisherman in San Diego fish for.

During the rest of the trip we will be exploring Coronado Island, The San Diego Zoo, Sea World, Balboa and several Museums. Mark has also arranged for us to take a 2-hour sunset cruise off of the Harbor and to enjoy an incredible dinner each night during our stay. The restaurants we have chosen include: Anthony's Fish Grotto, Candela's, Blue Point, Cowboy Star, Sally's Seafood on the Water and Sea Rocket Bistro. Each of these restaurants have won several awards for their cusine and are rated some of the top picks in San Diego- props to my hubby for all of the research!

We arrive on my birthday, and Mark has arranged for us to take a trolley to Coronado Island for the evening. We will enjoy an incredible dinner at Candela's and then he has made some special surprise plans for after dinner. And, here I was thinking my husband wasn't romantic!

We really need this ya'll- I can't even remember the last time we had a date night. Usually we are too tired or too busy or too broke to spring for a night out... but we have been saving and planning for this week, and I may not sleep for the next two months because I am so excited!

2 comments:

LB said...

I am going to live vicariously through you. The part that sounds the best to me is all of the good meals you will be eating. I love a good dinner out and really haven't had one since, oh, our first year of marriage;) How fun, Rachel!!!

Erin Hollis/Lens Envy Photography said...

SO FUN!!!! I can't wait to hear the stories and see the pictures.