Monday, September 14, 2009

Game Day Baby!!

WAAARRRR EAGLE, HEY!!



We had a fantastic, laid-back, relaxing weekend... my favorite kind of come-down time is when we have no particular schedule or place to be. We caught up on stuff around the house, played, relaxed and enjoyed an INCREDIBLE win by our very own Auburn Tigers. I feel so rested today- for the first time in a long time. The best part of the weekend besides the game was all of the food I got to cook. Before I had Wyatt, my favorite things to do included reading a great book, and cooking a good meal. I haven't really gotten back into the swing of things since I had little man, but this weekend I spent a great deal of time in the kitchen- and I LOVED it! I love being able to make up a recipe or try a new one and see what happens... for some reason, cooking for my family makes me feel really good- like I am taking care of them in my own way.


(Aunt Stephy!)

On Saturday, we had the family over to enjoy Auburn Football and some great food. Mark smoked ribs all day long, and I made my friend Trista's homemade salsa, and my own twice-baked potatoes. Everything was unbelieveably delicious- and I have to say my husband is TALENTED with the grill.


Yumm!!







On another note, Wyatt turned 14 months old yesterday! The time has just flown by, and every day he is doing something new. He continues to blow me over with his vocabulary, and cracks me up with his mischieviousness :). Yesterday. he was finishing his lunch and just looks at me and says, "Momma Get Down!" because he was ready to get out of his high chair. This is the first phrase he has ever said, and I was so excited. He also really likes the word no. Lately we will say "No" when he is getting into something he isn't supposed to. He thinks it is hilarious to turn around to us and say "No NO!" right back. He even shakes his finger for emphasis. I am telling you, we are going to be in trouble soon. He is all boy for sure- he loves to get dirty, and isn't a big hugger/kisser. It about blew me over on Saturday when he walked right up to me and tugged on my shirt... when I bent down, he just planted a huge kiss on me... I about died on the spot! I just love him so much- he has brought so much joy into our lives, and every day is better and better. I look forward to 4:00 every day, just to be able to see my little man. I love how his face lights up when he sees me walk into the room at daycare... such an awesome reward for all that hard work in the beginning.


He is now in a size 5 diaper and 12/18 mos. clothes. Wow! There is only one more size for him to grow into as far as diapers go, so I hope he slows down a bit in that dept :).



I hope ya'll had a great weekend!





1 comment:

Amanda Moore said...

Yummy yummy food! We had pizza!!! We need to get our Auburn babies together for a pic! Well really I would love to have all the kids together in their colors! How cute would that be!