Thursday, September 17, 2009

A New Little Boy

Ever since Mark and I removed Wyatt from the at-home daycare a month ago, we have noticed some big changes in our little boy. It feels as though the cloud that was hanging over his head has disappeared- I can't really describe it, but if I thought I was making the right decision a month ago, I am sure of it now. For the past month, I have been juggling his childcare between my MIL and the hospital daycare- which both have been an absolute Godsend. Wyatt starts his new school Oct. 5th, and I am super excited.

He is all smiles when I pick him up, and for the first time- his teachers actually share with me what they have been doing all day. He makes me pictures and learns new words- he plays outside, and goes on buggy rides. They even have music time- and he is thriving. Absolutely, positively, thriving. I am convinced that God gives us moms intuition for a reason, and I can actually breathe a sigh of relief when I drop him off.

His new teachers brag on him, and love on him constantly- they tell me what a sweet boy I have, and how advanced he is. This is music to my ears, as I have never heard these remarks from his caregiver before- usually I was being told that he was fussy, disruptive or behind developmentally.

My happy little guy is back, and I am loving it!

3 comments:

This Texas Momma said...

Wow! That must be a huge relief- I can't imagine leaving my son somewhere I didn't feel like he was getting proper care. What wonderful news!

Fainfamilyupdates said...

I definitely believe in a Mom's intuition, good call on making the switch! I hope he likes his new class in october!

Erin Hollis/Lens Envy Photography said...

Rachel, that is wonderful. I know this an answered prayer for you.