Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Living The Dream...

Oh, OH what a doozie of a morning. Really it was going just fine thanks to the help of my wonderful husband who helped me dress and load up little guy. He even made me a sandwich to assist in getting us both out the door on time. Really, I was quite proud of myself when at 6:32 a.m. I was breezing through Pelham. Even more thrilling was the smile plastered to my son's face throughout the entire commute- little did I know what I was in for.

As we neared Vestavia, I heard Wyatt fussing and glanced in the rearview mirror. Much to my horror, I realized he had thrown up his ENTIRE sippy cup of milk. There were now chunks of curds covering him, his car seat, the window, his hands and the interior of my car. If the sight didn't freak me out enough, the smell was enough to kill a small village.

Take a detour with me here- do you remember back in March when I careened into the side of a Chevron station while making a pit stop on the way to work? Basically I took out 17 propane tanks, a 25-foot glass window and a display of Lance Crackers in one fatal swoop. Even the local fire department was in shock that my little car could do so much damage (and still be in one piece)!

Fast forward six months, and just guess where I was forced to stop to clean up my child this morning- YOU GOT IT! The very same Chevron Station that my insurance company dropped me for. Now guess again who forgot a change of clothes for their child, and who only had 2 wipes in her diaper bag... and who had to drag their naked child into the Alford Ave. Chevron begging for paper towels?

And... for the last question of the day... guess who happened to be working behind the counter on this fateful morning? Ah yes, not just one owner, but both of them. Both Abu and Jasmine... who by the way, did not forget what I looked like, or what kind of car I drove... or for that matter- the damage that I caused their little shop. Nah, they weren't still angry that I put them out of business for 24 hours, or that they had to hire security to keep people from looting their store until the glass got replaced. Nope, they were happy as larks to see me again. And, even happier that I depleted them of paper towels.

I had to leave my child in a Buzz Lightyear sweatshirt that is about two sizes too big. Apparently, he also didn't have a change of clothes at daycare either, and that was the only thing we could find to put him in. In case you were wondering who should be nominated for the "mom of the year" award- it probably isn't me :).

4 comments:

This Texas Momma said...

lol....I am so sorry to hear about all of this, but if it's any consolation I did get a good laugh out of it. Tomorrow is another day my friend! And my fingers crossed that when tomorrow comes it will not include any puking.

LB said...

so sorry, Rachel!! I have much sympathy for those of you rushing to get your kids to child care every morning and yourselves to work. Just the two times that I had to have Ada at a friend's house at 7 am so I could go to the doctor were bad enough. I commented to my friend--"I don't know how working moms do it!!"

Rachel @ daily dunmore said...

so I didn't know about your wreck in March- what an eventful morning.
I'll tell you about the time Eddie threw up in the back my old Accord- and a husband who couldn't help me clean it up because he would throw up too. JOY!

Kathy said...

HAHAHA! And oh my! Something to look back at and laugh? ...I definitely think so! :) I hope today proved to be MUCH better!!! You definitely win the "most patience" award for sure!!!