Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It's Fall Ya'll!!


I am super excited about the break in weather- I am a total Southern girl, in that I love, love, love summer- I hate cold weather so I am not looking forward to winter, but for now I am thoroughly enjoying the crisp air in the mornings and the sunshiny afternoons. Thank you, Lord for the break in the endless rain and mugginess!


The cool weather is getting me in the mood for soups and comfort food. I can't wait to break out my crock pot this weekend. It is also getting me excited about Wyatt's Halloween costume- at first I was thinking he would be a Bumble Bee, but I think we are switching gears. He is going to be the cutest little Duckie you have ever seen :) Mark's mom is making his costume, and I cannot wait for our first trick-or-treating experience.


This weekend was pretty much the same as the past few. We watched our Tigers pull off another win (YAHOO!) and played and relaxed. I did go to the Southern Women's Show on Saturday, and hosted my first Southern Living at Home party on Sunday... so I packed a lot of "Southern" into one weekend , and I loved every minute of it :).


Wyatt starts his new school next week, and I am so excited. For a child who has never suffered seperation anxiety before, my thinking was that next week would be no big deal for him. For the past week, however, he has started crying every time we leave him. Daycare, the nursery at church, Grandma's house- so.... we shall see how next week goes. He does fine after we leave, so as long as I am okay, I think he will be okay :). We have orientation on Friday to we meet his new teachers, tour once more and learn about the new curriculum he will be starting. I am looking forward to it.


Happy Tuesday!




1 comment:

Amy said...

Maybe with a more consistant place he goes to everyday the seperation anxiety will ease. Maybe he's just getting upset because he doesn't know what to expect. Either way, it will pass. Hang in there, I know it's hard!!