Thursday, September 24, 2009

Since we had a break in the rain...

...We took Wyatt to the Alabama State Fair Tuesday night. He loved all the action, the lights and the interesting people. The petting zoo was not his favorite activity. I personally thought he would be super excited to see all the animals up close, but... he was pretty overwhelmed. The fact that a heard of goats tried to push through the fence and attack him might have had something to do with his lack of enthusiasm. I hope that our evening at the fair did not inflict a new phobia on him, but I guess only time will tell.

He was still too small to enjoy all the rides, but we had fun walking around. Uncle Joey tried several times to win a Sponge Bob for little guy, but we ended up leaving empty-handed. Better luck next time!

It is still strange to think that just a year ago when we took Wyatt to the fair, he was only eight weeks old. It seems like yesterday! Here's picture of Wyatt at the petting Zoo only a year ago:
And this is Wyatt on Tuesday night. Can you believe it?!

Some more pictures of those crazy goats...I think we might hold off on any more petting zoos for awhile :).

4 comments:

Erin Hollis/Lens Envy Photography said...

aw! He looks like such a big boy. Those goats look a little scary even to me--they look very eager! I dont blame Wyatt for being a little timid.

This Texas Momma said...

I can't believe the same goat was there trying to eat him! Just kidding. What a great year to year shot, maybe next year he will be more enthusiastic and the pictures can be a tradition! Can't you hear him when he's 12 "Aww Mom, why do I have to get my picture taken with these goats AGAIN?"

Fainfamilyupdates said...

he looks huge! i love the state fair i think...so much fun :)

Jennifer said...

I found your blog through the Sowards blog and just wanted to say hi. Those goats look crazy! No wonder your cute boy was frightened!!