Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Glasses

One traumatic visit to the eye doctor confirmed that I am indeed a danger on the road, and the 3 p.m. headaches were not just a figment of my imagination. Thank goodness Dr. Holland understood my rapid pulse and sweaty palms meant that I was terrified. Well, that, and the fact that I spent 10 minutes telling her that I had a panic attack the last time a poor unsuspecting resident tried to blow air in my eye. At any rate, she had mercy on me and omitted the wretched air puff from the exam. I did not get so lucky with dilating drops. Basically, I prayed myself home.

So, my cute tortoise-shell Coach glasses came in yesterday and I feel like a new woman. I can see my computer, the channel guide on the T.V. and the bumper in front of me on I-65. What an amazing world it is out there! I have to remember to take them off when I am walking around though, because it feels like I am floating- and then I run into the wall. This was a special treat for my co-workers this morning. I am pretty sure I provided the entertainment for the day.

What is my favorite part about my new glasses you ask? Well, the adorable brown Coach case, of course! Now, if I could only convince my husband that I need a purse to match my glasses case :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

this background makes your blog hard to read!

This Texas Momma said...

You and I had very similar optical experience! I don't think life gets much worse than the puffy test, and I too talked my way out of it. While I have had glasses since 5th grade, when I put this new pair on the ground seemed to dome in front of me. It was so odd, I was convinced it was the wrong prescription! But now I'm used to it so I guess I believe them. Good luck getting your new purse, it sounds like you need a treat after such an ordeal!

Rachel said...

Hey Amy- I thought I took the background off. It is hard to read, but on my computer at work it is still showing the old background- which is what I want. Call me and tell me how to fix. You are the tech-savvy one :)