Friday, September 4, 2009

Eastbound We Go...

Tonight we are headed to a little spot I like to refer to as heaven on earth- you know, where certain liquids flow freely(maybe not milk and honey, but you get the idea), problems are non-existent, everyone's happy- I will give you a hint: A.u.b.u.r.n.

For one weekend, I will be back in the place that I have the fondest memories, the place where I chased my dreams (or boys, but hey-that's not important), the place that will always feel a little like home. Wyatt will be with the grandparents, and we are loading up with the Bufkin's and introducing them to the tailgating/game day experience at Auburn.

I can't wait. The smells, the sounds, the sights, the food- oh the glorious food. I hope that Ryan and Lily enjoy it as much as I did when I was their age, and that they turn from their Alabama roots and make us all proud- hopefully, I will be helping to carve out a couple more Auburn fans although Ryan has already refused to wear the AU t-shirt his mom got him. We'll have to see about that. I guarantee you he will be wearing it with a smile in the morning if he wants the transformer action figure awaiting him in the Honda. Bahahahaha. I know, I know- I am awful.

At any rate... I have been waiting an entire year to say this: Waaaaaaarrrrrr Eagle!!

No comments: