Thursday, August 27, 2009

Random Updates

I just checked my camera for this week's pictures, and I realized I have quite a bit of updating to do. First thing first though- before the pictures, here are a few things that have been going in our world:


  • God is good all the time, and all the time God is good! I love it when I have a praise to share :) I got a call yesterday from the child care center where Wyatt was supposed to start in January- they happened to have a spot open up in October- yahoo... the juggling might just be coming to an end next month.



  • I made a grand total of $265 at our yard sale on Saturday, so the bedroom makeover is in full swing. Pictures as soon as I can get curtains, lamps and accessories-promise :). The bedding came from Pottery Barn, and apparently they ran out of the thread that matched the duvet for my monogram- when it came it was in the wrong color and completely clashed! So... I sent it back and started over. I found a bedding set that I really like at BB&B- plus, the 20 percent off coupons were an added bonus!



  • My parents are coming to visit this weekend - they haven't seen Wyatt's walk/run in action, so I am excited to see their reaction to my speedster :)



  • My darling, sweet, laid back baby has turned into a curious, mischievous, temper-tantrum throwing... but still adorable toddler- pretty much overnight. It's funny to me to see how much his personality changes so quickly- another one of those unexpected surprises us first-time moms aren't prepared for.


...and finally the pictures:

This is Wyatt eating his very first kids meal. Mark and I were quickly reminded why we never go out to eat with him after this picture was taken. He was only interested in his chicken fingers for all of 2.5 seconds before he wanted to run all over the restaurant. The high chair just wasn't cutting it for our rambunctious child :)

This was actually taken earlier in the Summer. Welcome baby Ellie! my co-worker, Liesa had her first girl- this little one has a lot to look forward to with three big brothers! Talk about a Super Mom- working full time with four kids... whew, it makes me tired just thinking about it.
I can't believe how tiny she is-barely 6 pounds.
Giving Baby Hadley a hug!


and, finally ... our big play date with baby Hadley last week. Kacey, one of my sorority sisters and roommate from college had this precious princess in May, and Wyatt got to meet her for the first time- as you can tell he warmed up to her very quickly- he was quite the charmer as usual.
Thanks for having us over, girls! I am looking forward to watching Wyatt and Hadley grow up together ;)

I hope everyone is having a great week!

1 comment:

Fainfamilyupdates said...

That makes me motivated to have a yard sale! I'm hoping to start selling on craig's list again...our yard sale season is about over!