Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Alive and Kicking...

Sweet Lily!
Enjoying the Bufkin's Pool

Handsome Man Ryan!
This thing is kind of fun!





Sorry for the lack of posts this week. It is completely unlike me to go more than 48 hours without dishing the details of my life, but it has been crazy. Both my personal life and my work life are on overload right now, and there hasn't been a spare minute to update the blog.

Anyways... this past weekend we went and visited the Bufkin's. They have just moved into a new home, and we had to go and check out the new digs. It is gorgeous, and I am so excited for them. As Lily explained to me... "I liked the other house, because I didn't get lost in it..." I think Sharon and Chris are thrilled that they have some extra space now :)

Wyatt had a great time too- he loves watching the "big" kids, and was completely entertained. Sharon had gotten him his very own Sponge Bob, and he quickly grew attached. We haven't been able to go anywhere without him asking for "Bob bob." To heck with the paci, lovies and blankies... this child wants his Bob bob- ha!

He also really enjoyed their huge dog kennel. I have posted some pictures of him crawling in and out of it- he was keeping us all entertained with his "Wyattism's".

I have been completely inspired to get moving on my bedroom- it is pretty much a blank canvas right now, and I am excited to redecorate. I love the color- now I just have to find window treatments, lamps, accessories, wall decor... and we need new blinds. Thank goodness the yard sale is this weekend, because I am ready to SHOP. Sharon is an incredibly talented interior designer, and we have very similar tastes. She helped me come up with some great ideas while we were out and about, so I can't wait to put everything together.


The dreaded eye appointment is tomorrow. I absolutely hate going to the eye doctor, and I have never had to wear contacts or glasses so I avoid going at all costs... basically, I haven't been in five years. However, I am quickly inching my way into the "blind as a bat" territory, so my husband is making me go tomorrow. Let's hope I survive the wretched puff of air in the eye, the blue light that is too painful for me to discuss and ...oh God help me, I totally forgot about the whole dialating thing. On second thought, I may just cancel the thing after all.
Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Trista Brom said...

Ha! I don't like going to they eye doctor either! It ranks right up there with the dentist. The worst part to me is the dialating b/c then I can barely see to drive home! Good luck to you - maybe it won't be too bad. :)