Monday, August 10, 2009

2009 Projects Revisited

Since the second half of 2009 is under way, I figured it might be time to revisit the household goals Mark and I set for ourselves back in January. Remember this post? Well... I am excited to report that out of four of our home improvement projects, we have successfully completed two of them! The hardwood floors took MUCH longer than originally anticipated, and cost more as well, since we decided on a higher quality wood. The good news is we are finished (other than some minor detailing) and they are beautiful! We saved about $3,000 doing them ourselves, however... we would never do it again. It was a huge, complicated, frustrating process. I think we will gladly pay an extra $3,000 next time- or just make sure that the next house we buy already has them installed.


Here is a picture of Wyatt enjoying the new flooring, or Mommy's flip flops :)












Since the floors were such an ordeal, we did not get to landscape and add a patio/firepit to the backyard this year. Mark has done wonders with the yard however. When we moved in two years ago, the only grass we had was Crab Grass- and it was UGLY. Mark has transformed our weeds and burnt grass into a beautiful green carpet- complete with the rose bushes beside our bedroom window that he planted in honor of my first Mother's Day. I love that my husband has a green thumb, because I have successfully killed every plant that we have ever had- including the Petunias I bought only a month ago- they are dead as a doornail. Apparently, you have to water them more than once a week- anyways, I digress.


The second project that we have successfully completed was just finished this past weekend. I am ESTATIC to report that the ugly baby-poop walls that the previous owner picked out for the master bedroom, are g.o.n.e. We replaced the poop walls with a beautiful blue-green. I wanted something soothing, and something NOT beige. So, when I found a picture of this color in a decorating magazine... I had to have it. I love it as a bedroom color- what do you think?





Here is the bedding that I have ordered from Pottery Barn... I have been oogling over this forever, and when it went on sale on Friday, I jumped on it...




I ordered the powder blue and I am having it monogrammed. I am so excited for it to come. The only thing I am nervous about is that it is all white. I am going to have to institute a no-dog rule...because Sadie loves to get on our bed. I am also planning on getting a matlisse to cover the bottom of it. Stephanie and I are having a yard sale in a couple of weeks and I am using that money to purchase new lamps curtains and decor.


Here is a picture of Wyatt enjoying Anna's car....we had dinner with friends and their toddlers Saturday evening, and Wyatt LOVED this Little Tykes car. Even when we made him get out and give the other children a turn, he was pushing them around the house. Mark and I both agreed that Santa will have to bring Wyatt one of these this year.


I hope everyone had a great weekend!



3 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the paint color of your bedroom. It looks great!

Kathy said...

I LOVE the color!!! What's it called and who makes it? It's beautiful! It might just have to go in our new bedroom! :)

Amy said...

that car will be worth every penny- watch the christmas ads, surprisngly KMART usually puts them on sale super cheap near Christmas time