Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Wyatt!

Wyatt's birthday party was awesome! I was so excited at how all of the decorations turned out, and over 35 people came to celebrate with us. Wyatt had such a good time, and we are so blessed to have our little boy. Here are some pictures from Saturday. A big Thank You to all of our friends and family who came to wish little guy a happy birthday. Also, a HUGE thank you to both our moms and my dad for all their help with planning and hosting. The "animal" theme was perfect! The sign my mom painted for the front door





The birthday cake




The cake table- notice the adorable animal napkins I found. Also, I am in LOVE with the color scheme of this party- bright blues, greens, oranges and yellows are perfect for the big #1!


Below is the mantle "timeline" I created to show off how Wyatt has grown- the pictures feature Wyatt at birth, Four months, eight months and a year.

The food table- my centerpieces were the metal buckets with animals glued to wooden stakes. I also rolled the plasticware in napkins and tied them off with colorful rafia- I just love a pop of color :)

My friend Amanda helped me set out the food and cut circles of scrapbook paper to add some intrest, I also had contasting overlays and runners on each table. As far as food went, we served pulled pork BBQ that Mark smoked, pasta salad, watermelon, seven-layer mexican dip and chips, deviled eggs, baked beans and slaw- YUM! This was the basket for Wyatt's time capsule tokens, I decorated the entry way table with more animals, a framed invitation and fresh daisies. Some of Wyatt's presents! Grandma and Grandpa Olis got him his Radio Flyer Wagon, and we loaded it up :) The birthday boy! Grandma Olis made this adorable little Jon Jon outfit- complete with an applique and his name monogrammed on the front- isn't he handsome?!

Papa and our party animal!
Trying to show off his outfit, with Grandma Olis


It's cake time! Wyatt was a little overwhelmed at first, and didn't know what to think. He quickly warmed up to the taste of frosting though!
Yum! Whatever this stuff is - it's good!


Oh boy!
Presents!! Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Joey got Wyatt his very own chair from Pottery Barn with his name in it- an added bonus is that it is in Auburn colors!




Opening presents with a one-year-old isn't easy! Thank goodness Ryann and Lily were there to help.

Trying on his new polo and striking a pose :)
Wow- I like this mailbox- anything I can open and close is great!







Finishing the evening by riding in his new wagon with his pal, Gracie (my parents dog).


Yesterday, we had Wyatt's 12-month appt. and he is doing great! He weighs 22.3 pounds (50 percentile) he is 30.5 inches long (75th percentile) and his head is in the 60th percentile. So his height and weight flipped. Basically, he is really stretching out and losing his "baby fat". He did lose a pound, but the doctor said that was perfectly normal. He is a healthy happy one-year old.


Happy Birthday little guy!































































































































































































































































6 comments:

Amanda said...

The party decorations, cakes, and tables looked great! You did a wonderful job! I am so happy that Wyatt had a great 1st birthday!!!

The Ramey's said...

Everything looks great! I hate we had to miss it.

Trista Brom said...

How adorable! I love all the decorations - I think I need to hire you for my parties! I hate we had to miss it, but I'm so glad that Wyatt had a good time!

LB said...

Happy one year, Wyatt!! Everything looked precious. I love the cake!! Did you make it? I also thought the time capsule idea was great--so creative!

Kathy said...

HOW CUTE!!! Can you come decorate for Will's? :) I guess I need to get started! We're shipping Wyatt's little gift in the a.m. tomorrow - so I imagine it'll be there by Monday-ish. He's precious!

This Texas Momma said...

It looks like it was a great party! Happy birthday Wyatt!