This weekend was both hectic and relaxing- if that even makes sense. Friday night, Mark left to head to the lake for the annual Bufkin Lake Party on Smith Lake. I could go until late Saturday afternoon because I had to work (more on that in a minute) so Wyatt and I had a nice evening together ending in me putting him to bed early and me falling asleep before Dateline ended (Apparently, we were both tired).
Grandma came and picked Wyatt up Saturday morning and I made my way to The Birmingham Zoo. This was for a huge event I was assigned over a year ago. This marked my very first 500+ attendee party with my name attached to everything from catering contracts to goody bags. Our Pediatric plastic surgeon hosts a family day at the zoo for all of his patients across the state- these are children with a Cleft Palette or Crainfacial abnormalities, so it was an incredible experience for me to provide a fun time for both theses kiddos and their familes. Words can't express as to how rewarding it was for me! I could not have pulled it off without my partner, and co-worker, Laura, and a host of volunteers. The event was a huge success, and I am thrilled at how well organized it all was.
After a long day, I took off for the lake. I got there in time for the end of the party, and then some quality time with the Bufkin's. We enjoyed boat rides, jet ski's and good food. Mark and I spent the night and most of Sunday at the lake, and then headed back to Birmingham to pick up little guy.
...Which, speaking of Wyatt... HE TOOK HIS FIRST STEPS LAST NIGHT!!! Mark and I were playing with him when we got home, and Mark let go of him on the carpet in our bedroom while walking him around. He took a good 4 -5 steps before falling, and then got back up and did it again. We are so proud of our little Wyatt-man :)
3 comments:
Yeah Wyatt!!!! What a BIG boy!!!! Is your house ready for the destruction!!!!!
Good job Wyatt! Watch out Mommy and Daddy :)
Yay for Wyatt's big news! That is such an exciting milestone. I can't wait for us to reach it too!
Post a Comment