Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Doing It Up Big...


As you all know, Wyatt's BIG day is just around the corner, and preperations are in full force at the Olis house (I have only mentioned his birthday on this blog about 1,026 times :) It is beginning to look at little like Martha Stewart's workshop around here, and in the midst of everything... we are headed to the beach again this week for five days. I think we are trying to make up for last year when we couldn't travel for obvious reasons.


So, the countdown is on... and it's crunch time folks- I have a list a mile long to be completed. My husband thinks I am crazy, but this is not the time for a low-key celebration. My baby only turns one once, and now that I am in the "mommy club" I have 18 years of party planning ahead of me. YIPEE! It is a cause for celebration of the highest order- we have survived the first year, and we have a happy, healthy, thriving little boy to show for it- we are blessed beyond imagination... so yes, it is a BIG deal, and to quote Kate Gosselin: I like to do 'em up BIG.


I do not mean I am throwing an all-out budget-busting circus... because it will be quite the opposite- but I have tried to add touches of detail, and in my own way I am doing these things as an expression of love towards my little Wyatt. No, he will not remember it, but I will- and so, if I am up until midnight every night next week gluing ribbon and designing tablescapes- it is a labor of love. Birthdays were huge in my house- we knew that it was OUR day, and I plan on carrying out that tradition in my own house. Children are special, they are gifts from God... and get ready, cause we are going to CELEBRATE!