







Wyatt was such a party animal this weekend! We threw Joey and Stephanie their couple's shower on Saturday night, and it was so much fun! Wyatt was decked out in his khaki's and Polo shirt, and he even had a new pair of shoes to show off. He was quite the show-stopper. I really enjoyed decorating and planning this one, and it was fun working with the other bridesmaids to pull it off.
One of my favorite things to do is to plan events, and when they come off as seamlessly as the one Saturday night, I really start thinking it is something I would like to do more of. Part of my job is planning events, but I would really like to start event planning as a way of making extra income. It is one thing that I think I could break into fairly easily, since I have a background in it, and is much less labor-intensive than freelance writing. I was quite pleased how easily I can up with some very creative ways of decorating and creating tablescapes, as well as the menu. This particular party had the theme of "his and her" and we decorated each table with tools and kitchen utensils, and I loved the blue and brown color scheme. Check out the pictures from Saturday night... Congratulations Joey and Stephanie!
2 comments:
Too bad we don't live near each other. We could be a good event planner team because you could make all the decisions and do all the creative/decorating stuff and then I could take care of all the financial/ hiring sub-contractors and dealing with contracts type of deals (like for weddings). Of course, I know you can do it all on your own, but still that would be fun.
That would be fun! And, with all the jobs we have had together- we already know that we work well together :) We would make a great team! Looks like you, David and Zach are just going to have to move to Bham!
Post a Comment