The room Cat and I shared at the beach
The Pier in Shannon's Parents "backyard"
The hot tub at the beach!
Margarita's anyone??
There is something about spending a weekend in paradise with your best friends that revives your soul. Three weeks ago I decided to forgo all excuses and book a flight with Cat to Tampa to see Shannon. I have known these girls since my very first week in Auburn, and we have shared a sorority, more memories than I can count, hours of laughter as well as each other's burdens. Mark kept Wyatt all weekend so that I could go, and I can't tell you how refreshing it was to be among my closest friends. Shannon lives on the coast, and her family also has two beach houses, so we were back and forth from one beautiful location to the next. It was an AMAZING time, and although I have been there several times throughout the years- it always is an absolute blast. We gossiped, ate some incredible seafood (my favorite) shared some margaritas, and saw Bride Wars. I didn't want the weekend to end except for the fact that I missed my boys. I was so excited to see Wyatt, and I think taking a breather and some time for myself every now and again makes me a better mom. Thanks a million times over to my hubby, who never once complained about me being gone all weekend and leaving him to care for the baby. I already miss my girls, but no matter where life takes us, we will always be the best of friends- I like to think of us as the Three Amigas! I love you both more than you know, and I know that we can always count on each other- you are both a blessing from God! Enjoy the pictures... you can see the view from Shannon's backyard, as well as some pics from her family's beach house.
No comments:
Post a Comment