Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New church clothes and a nap in the jumper
















I hit the mother load about a month ago when I was doing Media visits in Athens, Ala.

During lunch, I drove around the tiny town square, and noticed a children's consignment shop.
I decided to pop in and see if I could land any deals. Wyatt has been in dire need of some church clothes, as I refuse to spend $70 on smocked outfits for him- Steph got him a button down polo back in October so we have been wearing that out! Anyways, I hit the JACKPOT!! I was so excited. I found him 3 Polo shirts (with the little horses), a baby Gap button-down, a GORGEOUS smocked short-all outfit, a Polo sleeper, and a BRAND new Kelly's Kids Jon-Jon outfit pictured below- it even STILL had the tags on it!! I got each outfit for under $6, and walked out of there with a bag full of stuff for $50- Not bad! Anyways, some of them he won't be able to wear for long at the rate he is growing, but I don't care- he is the best dressed little boy in the church nursery for now! Haha :) I got some great pictures of him in his smocked short -all (in PERFECT condition by the way) and I promise to post them soon.










Also, I am posting the pictures of Wyatt passed out in the Baby Einstein Jumper from last week. So sweet!

2 comments:

Amy said...

OH I love Jon Jons. So CUTE. That is HILARIOUS how he fell asleep in the jumper. I can't say D ever did that.

Unknown said...

Hi Rachel! My mom (Aunt Liz's sister) forward me your blog. Very cool. I wanted to comment on children's clothing. I just had to replace Marissa's clothing because she decided to grow overnight. We just bought some clothes and she had a ton that had never been worn. I was told about "Once Upon A Child". I am so glad I found this place. They will pay cash on the spot for gently used clothing, shoes, and toys. I received for Frankie and Marissa's winter clothing ~$125. That was money put back towards their clothes. They didn't take all of the clothing, however asked to me to come back in Feb. with the spring/summer clothing. Just google search and see if there is one in AL. While I like to donate as much clothing as I can, I will try to sell back some to accomdate the crazy prices of clothing. Take care and see you in March! Amy